Formed in 1993, West Technology, The world's largest and professional forensic VMD products supplier is committed to using the specialist knowledge of vacuum technology and passion for vacuum engineering, to create new, exciting products for use by forensic providers. West Technology is dedicated to providing cutting-edge forensic technology that increases accuracy and efficiency, making sure crime scenes are handled quickly and effectively.
VMD is regarded as the most effective fingerprint development technique used by fingerprint experts in worldwide criminal forensic laboratories. The technique could be applied to treat nonporous, semi-porous, and porous exhibits, It is especially used to develop fingerprints from challenging evidence such as aged samples, buried samples, wood, evidence submerged in water for a long time, and even fired cartridge casings, knife and other metal evidence recovered from arson, etc High tech fingerprint development system gives you reliable, fast results with specimens of any age. With the VMD560, you can achieve the clear and detailed fingerprint images you need for accurate analysis.
VMD facilitates touch DNA analysis by targeting regions for further investigation.
VMD Technologies Utilized by Global Patrons
Forensic fingerprint development
- Quick boot up for application
- Big viewing window with a diameter of 400mm and chamber illumination to view the fingerprint development process clearly
- 2 groups of evaporation boats were centralized to guarantee the evenness of fingerprint development. Each group has 3 boats for evaporating gold, zinc, and silver separately which is for challenging evidence application
- Fits through a standard laboratory door
- Large horizontal cylindrical vacuum chamber 494 mm (19.4″) dia. x 610 mm (24.0″) depth
- Can process a range of exhibits from polymer banknotes to large plastic packaging sheets or fabrics up to 800mm x 560mm
- Powerful rotatory and diffusion vacuum pump to reach high vacuum in the chamber
- Tablet app to monitor the working status and process progress
- Low running costs – only atomic layers of gold, zinc, or silver are required in each process run
Developed Fingerprint on Firearms
Developed Fingerprint from thermal Paper
Fingerprint on Fabrics and will Target for DNA Analysis
Developed Fingerprints on cardboard and banknote