AB8000 is a pioneering instrument with focus variation microscopy technique and image processing technology to assist forensic document examiners to extract handwriting features by analyzing the degree of variation in pen pressure, tilt angle and ink distribution. All of this data could be used to illustrate the characteristics of the signature with quantitative data, which is described in word description with the examiner's subjective experience in the traditional way. Besides, quantitative analysis could also allow forensic document examiners to analyse complex signatures such as those with few strokes or those with high levels of simulation.
Education & Training
Benefits of AB8000HS
- Give more quantitative data for the handwriting to improve the identification accuracy and reduce the identification error rate
- One cycle of scanning, all the data for 2D, 3D,Indentation depth, ink thickness , pen tip tilting angle etc could be obtained in minutes
- Making signature identification more objective through quantitative analysis, rather than relying solely on human expertise.
- Utilizing the quantitative data, testifying in court for judgement is made simpler.
- Intelligent control and Quick scanning for handwriting evidence in 3-10 minutes based upon the scanning area
- All the data for 2D, 3D,Indentation depth, ink thickness , pen tip tilting angle etc could be obtained
- Quantitative data to help to evaluate the “known” signature’s character quality which are used as the reference for identification
- With advanced algorithm, All the "known signatures" sample's typical handwriting characteristics of any defined "area" selected by the examiner could be examined to evaluate the “ quality” which be used as the reference of for specimen for comparsion
- Data presentation,Charts, curves, 3D bar graphs, Pearson correlation coefficient
- Utilizing the quantitative data for testifying in court
Same person's signature displays high corr. for pen pressure Distribution
Known/Simulated signatures show big diff./low corr. in pen pressure dist.
3D Bar displays Pen Pressure Distribution diffs.
Known Signatures Characteristics Statistical Data to Compare with Specimen
Laser printing document Toner thickness measurement
( Canon8200C, 635C and HP M225 toner thickness distribution
with Red, Blue and Green curve)
Full motorized XYZ and Zoom
Software controlled Stage movement for imaging and
Z axis movement range 0-50mm, Resolution:2.5 micros
20 Million pixels with frame rate 25f/s
The vacuum is made by a vacuum pump positioned in a double damped floating suspension system, minimizing the vibrations to less than 1/10 of a micron
Low angle Ring Uniform illuminance LED light source with adjustable intensity , Ring Light source support 5 illumination zones with each separately controllable
Szie: 297x210mm With tiny holes so vacuum adjustment could be applied to document and make the document flat
Optics magnification setting
User friendly GUI to guide user to set indentation sampling border, selection ,Number of measurement points, Determining the indentation Z-axis layer border and starting sampling
Sampling the signature stroke measurement points in one time. User could designate different data for analysis such as the whole signature comparison , specific stroke position, character’s radicals and characteristics points comparison
Acquiring the measurement profile at handwriting stroke image to acquire the indentation depth, ink depth, ink width and pen tip tilting angle
SIGNATURE CHARACTERSTICS POINTS POSITIONING AND DEMONSTRATION
After finishing the sampling, User could designate the area of the signature to filter out the measurement points that have the same indentation depth, Which will help to obtain distribution area that the signature strokes with the heaviest and the lightest points to assist the demo of whole signature panorama
Focus Variation stage control, with potential up to 10x faster 3D scanning
Super flexible 3D scanning saves full 3D signature information, for flexible postprocessing without the need for any new scanning.
DATA ANALYSIS AND RESULT DEMONSTRATION
Supporting demo the data curves for pen pressure indentation depth, ink indentation depth, ink width and pen tip tilting angle
INDENTATION CURVE AND DATA ANALYSIS
Multiple data filters support including Normalization, Mean, Median, Hamming etc. with all parameters configurable
Provide average , differential calculation of multiple measurement results for comparison, Similarities of data, such as Pearson coefficient .
3D scanning of the full signature.
View, Comparison and Analysis of measurement samples with data output to PDF and Excel files, all measurement data binary-file based. Secure and exchangeable
Report include original sample image, overview image with measurement point drawn, sampling profile image, single measurement point 3D image, single measurement point 2D image, measurement points dynamic curve for the purpose of data viewing, comparison and analysis
Other Reference Materials
The Measurement Science and Standards in Forensic Handwriting Analysis Conference took place on June 4-5, 2013 at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Campus in Gaithersburg, Maryland. The purpose of this free conference was to enhance the current state of forensic handwriting analysis through the use of advancements in measurement science and the latest research investments in quantitative analysis capabilities